Although I was born in Brazil, I spent most of my childhood and teens in countries like Canada, USA, England and Portugal. Having spent more than 10 years of my early life in English speaking countries, I am bilingual and speak English without an accent.
I have been an English teacher for more than 25 years now as I started early in 1996 and still today work tirelessly in the ELT area. In 2013 I founded Stars English School, an English school that offers courses to students of all levels and ages, starting from the age of 2, from beginners to advanced. My teaching methodology for children and teens involves multidisciplinary activities such as: music, gardening, drama, storytelling, maths, art and much more.
When I am not busy in the classroom teaching, I also coordinate various projects in the language teaching area and teaching programs at schools, develop and give training courses for teachers, give workshops and talks, develop materials and games to be used in the classroom and I am an active member of many online teaching communities and of the National Brazilian Association of English Teachers (BRAZTESOL) . I am also a document translator and offer simultaneous and continuous translation services.
I work with children, teens and adults. I graduated both in Pedagogy and in Mass Communication and have also earned the TESOL from Anaheim University (USA). Besides these, I hold various international certifications such as the CAE and the CPE. More information on my CV and certifications can be found on my personal LinkedIn profile.
“Great students will make future great teachers and teacher trainers. This is the virtuous cycle I wish to contribute to. If we are better, the world around us must follow. It’s a law.”
What do I believe in?
- Shape the future of language teaching
- Share my knowledge and my experience with teachers worldwide through online courses, webinars, live broadcasts, seminars and talks.
- Build a community of dedicated and brave professionals who are not afraid of stepping out of their comfort zone, raise the bar and think out-of-the-box
- Improve the organization of schools and institutions to reach excellence in the teaching of a foreign language
- Share the love for my work