Hello AMAZING teachers!
I promised and I’m finally launching an online Storytelling course! It’ll be 100% focussed on Very Young to Young Learner teachers who work with remote classes! So save these days on your calendar: 19th and 20th of December!
FIRST THING FIRST: WHY?
I created this course first of all because of my love for Storytelling and specially because I know, being a teacher myself, it is a great challenge to find creative ideas and ways of truly engaging students during online teaching.
It’s not easy to keep the magic going in every class is it? Especially nowadays, having to deal with all the limitations and boundaries of the digital world, it is more important than ever to find creative solutions to try to keep the magic of storytelling alive and to retain that human touch which makes us, human beings, so special. So if you are passionate about storytelling, if you are looking for inspiration and if you want your classes to be really different,
THIS IS THE RIGHT WORKSHOP FOR YOU!!
HOW AND WHEN
This workshop is totally online. You’ll be able to take part from the comfort of wherever you prefer and it consists of two Zoom sessions of three hours each on the following days:
19th AND 20th OF DECEMBER 2020 (Sat and Sun)
from 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM (GMT-3)
My main objective is that by the end of our live meetings you will be able to structure stories in order to suit your teaching needs in a way that provides both you and your learners with loads of motivation, engagement and learning opportunities.
Above all, this course is about changing the way you perceive Storytelling in any kind of teaching environment and helping you to put a little (or a lot) more magic into your teaching environments.
What to expect? You will:
- Learn about the process of Storytelling to VYL and YL;
- Be able to design your own online Storytelling lesson plan;
- Find out what my favourite stories are and then think about your own;
- Get feedback from me on one of your Storytelling lesson plans;
- Contribute to an e-book of Storytelling lesson plans that will be shared with teachers all over the world;
- Share knowledge and experience with other professionals from all over the world;
- Participate in a live 6 hour workshop with a limited number of participants;
- Take a look and learn the basics of using the Activinspire software for online teaching;
- Receive a certificate of participation in this 6 hour intensive course.
DAY 1 – December 19th from 9am to 12:00pm: The magic of Storytelling
First things first. Let’s understand a little more about Storytelling and why it’s so magical.
9:00-10:00 – My Lesson Plan Structure for Storytelling online
Learn how I build my Lesson Plan Structure. I’ll also show you a variety of tools and give you tips which can be used in the process. I’ll show you how to adapt the same lesson plan to different age groups and save time on planning! We’ll look at how to build your own Storytelling repertoire. We’ll have a quick look at the Activinspire software and how it can make your planning easier and very interactive.
10:00-11:00 – Using Storytelling in the online classroom
Student’s simply don’t engage when the teacher’s lesson plan doesn’t match their interests or needs. I’m going to show you how to structure your Storytelling lesson when planning to make them fun, engaging and motivating for the learners. We’ll talk about games and other activities which can be connected to your Storytelling lesson plans and also at how to decide which types of stories are best for each age and why.
11:00-11:10 – Break
11:10-12:00 – It’s over to you!
It’s time to create your own masterpiece. I’ll guide you through and provide full support as you build your first Storytelling lesson plan. This moment of invaluable sharing and creative thinking is truly magical.
After the first day it’s time to get your hands dirty! You’ll have the rest of the day to structure your story and give it life because the next day is Feedback Time.
DAY 2 – December 19th from 9am to 12:00pm: Your own story told
After the theory of day 1, now comes the practice!
9:00-10:30 – Sit back and enjoy the show
Let’s look at some of the Storytelling Lessons which will be shared by you and peers and let’s take time to enjoy and learn even more. The connections made on this final session will certainly be memorable.
10:30-10:40 – Break
10:40-12:00 – Feedback Time
As we master any given set of skills it is always necessary to look at what works best and what can be further improved. We live and we learn then we live more and learn more. As we grow together we are able to observe how we change and hopefully how we can keep improving always.
- Interactive sessions: you’ll be able to ask and interact anytime.
- Material and handouts that you can use as reference for your future activity.
- Lots of practical tips and activities to practice and challenge yourself!
- Become an author of an e-book!
- Feedback Time: me and all the participants will give you our feedbacks to help you improve and push you to do always better!
- Download the recorded live workshop: the sessions will be recorded and you’ll be provided with the link to download the videos and store them in your archive in case you want to watch it again in the future!
- Download and install the Zoom platform here, this is where the workshop will take place.
- Download and install the Promethean Activinspire software here and install it on your computer. We will use it to structure and plan our stories.
- Be fluent in English, the workshop will be conducted 100% in English!
The cost of the workshop is 269.00 BRL (about 50.00 USD) payable via pagseguro or paypal. When you’ll have made the payment, I’ll get in touch via email to send you the Zoom link together with all the information you’ll need to access.
IMPORTANT! The workshop will take place only if there will be a minimum number of participants. In case the number will not be reached, you’ll receive a full refund! 🙂
Make sure you guarantee your place and join me on this magical workshop!!